Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Auto follow?

Larisa had an awesome blog topic: Players I admire and players I look down on.

Players I Admire

1) Mages who top the decurse count on LDW. I don’t know which one of our three mages is doing it, but he is so fast I don’t even know I was inflicted until I parse the log. A mage undoing that many curses that fast has to be proactively looking for shit to decurse. He’s got no qualms about sacrificing his GCD for the team.

Me? I throw a tantrum when I have to rebuff Kings on brezed players. These resurrected assholes are making me burn my precious GCD on them. It's MY GCD.

When someone calls for Salv, I just feign ignorance. Again, it's MY GCD. I love me and since they're not me, I don't care.

2) Warlocks specced for Demonic Pact and hunters speced & glyphed for Improved Hunter’s Mark. These folks would rank right below Ghandi on Moslow’s Pyramid. Think about it: they are purposely gimping their dps to benefit the others… that is a fascinating concept I can’t quite grasp… our demo lock voluntarily descended to the bottom of the recount for the silly humanity. He then fed us with two fish feast and five loaves of felbread. He is Jesus.

Players I Look Down On

1) Players who are habitually late to the raid. There’s a clear distinction between being friendly and being respectful. If I throw a hissy fit because you always show up 10-15 minutes late, it’s not that I’m being unfriendly. The problem is that you’re a disrespectful asshole. It’s not that you don’t have time. The problem is that you fail at time management.

2) Players who go AFK during Freya trash. The scrub didn’t understand why we were so upset since we don't really need all 25 to clear the place. My GM ripped into him: “Auto follow? You were on auto follow? Do you know what I would do if my girlfriend had me on auto follow? I would kill her by standing at the edge of the water and turning until her head is completely submerged. Auto follow? Fucking auto follow?”

3) Back-seat raid leaders. These people are hilarious. Tell me if this sounds familiar: It’s 3rd and 5. You’re trailing by 6 with 2 minutes left. You’re running no-huddle offense. The QB calls out the play: Red 39 Z-fly Go! The tight end interrupts him with an audible “No no that’s stupid! Power I power I.” The right tackle won’t even settle down “No, I’m reading John Madden StratFu right now. It says… wait… give me a minute.”

9 comments:

Rades said...

That auto-follow rant is awesome. So gleefully malicious (and rightfully so). It takes a great person to lead an auto-follower off a cliff. Drowning them in such a manner is a work of art!

River said...

You delete another post. LOL!

I hate everyone equally.

Fannon said...

I must admit, the rant on Auto Follow made me laugh out loud. Everyone at work thinks I'm crazy now.

Arioch said...

I have killed people on auto follow. At least once intentionally (Dalaran sewer exit and Slow Fall, FTW) and at least once unintentionally (but I got him an achievement for discovering a new zone as he died!)

My last few times in ICC on my mage (when I'm allowed to raid on my mage /cry) I end up with a ton of resto healers that can remove curses. It's really odd to be told to not worry about it. *gets nervous tick when frames are purple*

Issy said...

This is where I am going wrong.. maybe one day I could be as awesome as Jong if I didn't go on autofollow and tab out and read his blog instead!! I'm saved!

Grimmtooth said...

"That auto-follow rant is awesome. So gleefully malicious (and rightfully so). It takes a great person to lead an auto-follower off a cliff. Drowning them in such a manner is a work of art!"

Somehow, I am getting this on my gravestone.

That is all.

gnomeaggedon.net said...

I always auto follow!

I still cast and things, but why run to the spore, when someone else will run me there instead?

It's the best way to stay close to healers too!

I'm I have to manually move, I will have to use both hands to play... which aint going to happen while there are still cute Gnome chicks in the game!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Bee said...

Thank you for opinion on one or more topics. I like to see that you write words. I then read those words and absorb knowledge and information from them.